National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) is a new qualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader.
NPQML is aimed at individuals with responsibility for leading a team, including key stage/subject/ curriculum leaders, heads of department and pastoral leaders.
The qualification is designed to support you in becoming a highly effective middle leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to drive successful team performance and improved classroom practice.
To achieve the NPQML qualification you'll need to successfully complete two essential modules and one further, elective module, which you are free to choose from a wide range of options.
- Leading teaching
- Managing systems and processes
Sample elective modules*
- Leading inclusion: achievement for all
- Leading an effective team
- Leading and developing staff
- Succeeding in middle leadership
- Leading change for improvement
- Leading in a diverse system
* titles subject to change
Each module requires up to 50 hours of blended learning. This typically consists of workplace learning, face-to-face activity, including peer and facilitated learning, reading, reflection and online learning.
NPQML offers the same quality hallmarks that you'd expect of any National College leadership development programme:
- high quality learning materials, with a strong focus on current research and outstanding practice
- opportunities to think about the implications for your own leadership through discussion and debate with peers, a coach and your line manager
- assessment focusing on tasks linked to school improvement activities undertaken in the workplace - delivering real benefits for you and your school or organisation
- the assurance of a qualification assessed and awarded by the National College
- opportunities, offered by a number of our licensees, to use your qualification to contribute towards a Master's degree
View the Calendar
For more information about Inspiring Leaders and how they can support your journey to headship visit their web site or follow them on twitter.